Manager Operations, Housing York Inc.
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Job Id #: 20323
Department: Community and Health Services
Branch: Housing Services
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Salary Range: $111,297 - $130,913 annually This is a Non-Union position. Temporary Full-Time, Approx. 12 months,
- Reporting to the Director, Housing Operations, is responsible for leading the property management program of Housing York and providing service oriented and efficient business processes in delivery of the program;
- Providing leadership and motivation for the property management team in the delivery of quality tenant services that build and sustain healthy communities,
- Including tenant engagement strategies, fiscal management, effective preventative and repair maintenance programs, delivery on lease obligations and addressing tenancies challenges through supportive, creative and accountable approaches to problem solving.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Urban Studies or a related discipline or a recognized property management designation by an accredited institution such as I.H.M. in the field of property management or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years progressive experience in property management or project management or social science field, including demonstrated managerial or leadership experience.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Knowledge of related legislation, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Management competencies including collaboration, strategic thinking, results/achievement focus, human resources management, leadership, financial management, business planning, decision making/judgement, representation and professionalism and job knowledge.
- Knowledge of social housing programs, related policies, procedures and processes and the ability to understand, interpret and apply related legislation.
- Knowledge of budget process and business planning.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office applications with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software applications.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation, presentation, report writing and mediation skills.
- Contemporary staff supervisory skills including knowledge of collective agreement administration and interpretation, labour relations principles and practices, and relevant employment legislation.
- Leadership ability to motivate staff and foster a positive team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret a variety of legislation and data, analyse issues and make timely decisions.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours, as required.
Please apply on-line at www.york.ca by Thursday, February 23, 2017, quoting competition #20323. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit the above-mentioned website.