Town of East Gwillimbury
Our Town, Our Future
Located just north of Toronto in the Region of York, the Town of East Gwillimbury is the GTA’s top growth municipality. Our communities include Holland Landing, Sharon, Queensville and Mount Albert – each with their own rich history and unique charms. As one of Ontario’s growth centres, East Gwillimbury’s population is projected to reach 150,000 by 2051. By joining the EG team you will help shape our growing community.
East Gwillimbury offers a fully balanced lifestyle and is a wonderful place to live and work. Our municipal offices are easily accessible off of Highway 404 and a short 15 min drive from Highway 400 allowing for short average commute times for staff. Enjoy competitive wages, progressive extended health plan, employee assistance program, and active social and wellness committees. Convenient parking, outdoor seating areas, and easy access to trails allow you to enjoy the beauty of EG while at work.
With guidance from our Strategic, Official and Master Plans and Character Community attributes we are a high performance Town and our staff are committed to providing service and excellence.
- The Manager of Procurement will assume the lead accountability and responsibility for the Procurement division.
- Responsible to provide leadership, quality customer service, reduce risk, and obtain the best overall procurement value for the Town.
- Key responsibilities include: developing, implementing and administering procurement policies, procedures and standards and ensuring compliance; implementing and managing the corporate purchase order system; developing effective service relationships with client departments; mediating contentious issues that may arise from purchasing activities; managing office supplies inventory; and administering the disposal of surplus assets.
- Preferred candidates will have five (5) years of management experience in municipal finance, with a post-secondary degree/diploma in Business or related discipline.
- They will hold a professional membership in good standing in at least one of the three recognized professional purchasing designations with the Purchasing Management Association of Canada or the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing:
- Certified Supply Change Management Professional;
- Certified Public Purchasing Office;
- Certified Purchasing Manager, or equivalent designation.
- Successful candidates must demonstrate the ability to think and act strategically and appropriately in a political and community service environment, to foster corporate thinking and a positive/enthusiastic customer care attitude/approach among staff, and to deal courteously and effectively with taxpayers/property owners, developers/builders, elected officials, staff, and other departmental/corporate contacts.
- They must possess the ability to read interpret legislation and legal agreements, with strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Salary Range: $89,963- $105,815 per annum. This is a Fulltime Permanent position.
If you’re looking for a career move that will enable you to contribute to a growing and exclusive community, please apply and submit your resume and related information online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=TOEG4282
Deadline for applications is Thursday, February 23, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted
The Town of East Gwillimbury is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Town of East Gwillimbury will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Personal Privacy Act
, personal information collected will only be used for candidate selection.