Supervisor, Customer Service
Town of East Gwillimbury
Our Town, Our Future
Located just north of Toronto in the Region of York, the Town of East Gwillimbury is the GTA’s top growth municipality. Our communities include Holland Landing, Sharon, Queensville and Mount Albert – each with their own rich history and unique charms. As one of Ontario’s growth centres, East Gwillimbury’s population is projected to reach 150,000 by 2051. By joining the EG team you will help shape our growing community.
East Gwillimbury offers a fully balanced lifestyle and is a wonderful place to live and work. Our municipal offices are easily accessible off of Highway 404 and a short 15 min drive from Highway 400 allowing for short average commute times for staff. Enjoy competitive wages, progressive extended health plan, employee assistance program, and active social and wellness committees. Convenient parking, outdoor seating areas, and easy access to trails allow you to enjoy the beauty of EG while at work.
With guidance from our Strategic, Official and Master Plans and Character Community attributes we are a high performance Town and our staff are committed to providing service and excellence.
- The Supervisor of Customer Service is responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations of the Customer Service Centre including: leading the overall Customer Service Team;
- Processing payments for Town services;
- Providing support to business units with the goal of increasing customer satisfaction;
- Responding and resolving queries and complaints from the public via all forms of communication and interaction;
- Developing and implementing process and procedure;
- Researching and implementing an effective Customer Response Management System (CRM); developing Customer Service policy and standards;
- Training and development of Customer Service Team;
- Providing solutions to a wide spectrum of Customer Service issues.
- Preferred candidates will have a post-secondary degree in Business Administration, or a Customer Service related discipline. Coupled with three to five years customer service experience in an office environment with demonstrated leadership abilities and experience managing a team.
- Proven aptitude in current Microsoft Office applications and familiarity with internal databases and software.
- Successful candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, public relations, negotiating, organization, analytical, conflict resolution and decision making skills.
- The individual must demonstrate a high level of time management skills, to be able to effectively multi-task.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are necessary in cash handling practices and procedures, as well as the ability to exercise discretion and good judgement when dealing with customers and team members.
Salary Range: $53,308-$62,717 per annum This is a Fulltime Permanent position.
If you’re looking for a career move that will enable you to contribute to a growing and exclusive community, please apply and submit your resume and related information online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=TOEG4282
Deadline for applications is Thursday, February 23, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted
The Town of East Gwillimbury is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Town of East Gwillimbury will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Personal Privacy Act
, personal information collected will only be used for candidate selection.