Manager of Fleet Services
City of Guelph
Division: Fleet Services
Employee Group: NUME
Posting Number: 17-R-8201
Status: Regular Full-time
Non Union Grade: 8
Salary Rate: $95,371.24 - $119,214.05
Closing Date: Monday, February 20, 2017
Resumes are being accepted for the position of Manager of Fleet Services within the Operations Department. Reporting to the General Manager of Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for the commissioning and decommissioning of vehicles and equipment and the co-ordination of preventative and non-preventative maintenance for all departments. In addition, the candidate will oversee the operation of the departmental stores function. Guided by the goals and objectives of the Corporate Administrative Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision - to be the city that makes a difference.
- Provide visible and positive leadership to staff consistent with the commitments of the City’s Leadership Charter, developing and nurturing a work environment that is inclusive, respectful and motivating for staff.
- Provide engaging leadership to staff; establish objectives and evaluate performance; monitor results and provide coaching, training and development opportunities as needed.
- Ensure work is conducted in compliance with all corporate health and safety policies and procedures, including the corporate Fleet Policy, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, the Highway Traffic Act and other workplace and/or regulatory programs.
- Develop and recommend policies, operating procedures and work methods to meet established municipal and provincial maintenance standards for services provided by the division; monitor performance and initiate corrective action as required.
- Monitor and recommend technical trends, developments, advances and best practices in the delivery of warehousing and fleet asset maintenance.
- Working with the General Manager, establish the Division's annual goals and objectives, the work program, and areas of improvement and change. Annually forecast the growth needs and priorities of the Division for additional resources as required.
- Coordinate maintenance plans to minimize disruption to customers.
- Prepare and submit the operating and capital budgets for the division; monitor and report on variances.
- Analyze operational performance to identify and implement improvements to operational efficiency.
- Prepare reports for Council and Committees as required.
- Work collaboratively as a representative of the department/division on internal and external staff teams and committees as required.
- Be familiar with risk management practices as they apply to this position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Considerable knowledge and expertise related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through the successful completion of a diploma or degree in a related field and progressively responsible experience related to fleet management; candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Comprehensive understanding of fleet maintenance, planning and delivery.
- Demonstrated leadership skills acquired through experience managing staff or leading work teams; preferably in a unionized environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a commitment to quality customer service.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget preparation, monitoring and control.
- Proven knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Highway Traffic Act and other applicable legislation.
- Proven ability to engage and work collaboratively with other managers, city departments and stakeholders.
- Highly organized with demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
- Highly functional in computer applications including Windows, MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, GIS and database applications.
- Status as an Automotive Service Technician (310S) and Truck & Coach Technician (310T) are considered assets.
- A valid Class G drivers licence with a good driving record.Successful candidates will be required to provide a current driver’s abstract prior to their start date to confirm their licence is held in good standing and that it has not been suspended or revoked under the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) or Criminal Code of Canada in the last 5 years. The City of Guelph will take into consideration the number of demerit points and/or nature of the infractions to determine if it meets our requirements.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate in their application how their qualifications match those specified above.Assessments based on all of the objectives and qualifications listed above will be a part of the interview and reference checking.
- Information about Career Development services (resume critique, interview coaching) is available by contacting Joanne Oliver at extension 2446 or simply access these resources on the career page of our info net.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Human Resources Contact: myHR 519-822-1260 ext. 6947
How To Apply:
All interested candidates should forward their resume quoting this posting number 17-R-8201, to:
1 Carden Street,
Guelph, Ontario, N1H 3A1 or by email at email@example.com by the closing date Monday, February 20, 2017
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.