Supervisor, Development Construction
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Job Id#: 20306
Department: Corporate Services
Branch: Planning and Economic Development
Location: Newmarket, Ontario.
Salary Range: $102,434 - $120,449 annually. This is a Full-Time, Non-Union position
- Reporting to the Manager, Development Engineering, is responsible for leading a team in the administration and inspection of construction projects for Development Engineering and related infrastructure within the Region’s right-of-way;
- Investigating and resolving complex issues including construction conflicts and prevention of construction insurance claims;
- Providing guidance, training, mentoring, assigning, scheduling and checking the work of Development Construction Coordinators of assigned work and ensuring a safe working environment;
- Guiding and providing technical expertise on construction projects affecting the function of Regional roads from planning and pre-construction to final acceptance of work;
- Acting as an on-site representative in coordination with developers, consultants, contractors, local municipality staff and the public to administer and fully document all activities for the road construction project activities or contracts.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma Program in Civil or Municipal Engineering Technology or approved equivalent combination of at least 20 educational certificates with Ontario Good Roads Association, Ontario Ministry of Transportation, Ontario Ministry of Environment & Climate Change, Municipal Engineers Association, and Canadian Society of Civil Engineering.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in development construction coordination of roadway, water/waste water, and subdivision and site plans construction supervision in a municipal environment including managing complex construction projects with survey and construction experience and demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience.
- Certification with the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) as a Certified Engineering Technologist, be registered in an approved equivalent professional association or related field or possess approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of relevant Standards, Acts and Regulations.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management, accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Contemporary staff supervisory skills including knowledge of collective agreement administration and interpretation, labour relations principles and practices, and relevant employment legislation.
- Management competencies including results/achievement focus, human resources management, leadership, financial management, business planning, decision making/judgement, representation and professionalism and job knowledge.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license free of serious offences under the Highway Traffic Act.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
Please apply on-line at www.york.ca by Tuesday, February 21, 2017, quoting competition #20306. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit the above-mentioned website.