Traffic Planning Engineer
City of London
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
Department: Environmental & Engineering Services
File #: M-12-17E
Position Type: Permanent, Full-time
Reports to the Division Manager, Transportation Planning & Design. Responsible for developing and managing programs to identify, evaluate and address issues related to traffic operations and transportation planning.
- Evaluates results of data collection programs for identifying existing transportation safety and capacity problems.
- Develops procedures and manages the evaluation of transportation safety and capacity issues and provides recommended solutions.
- Recommends policies, programs and regulatory controls to address transportation safety, capacity and arterial road and traffic operational problems.
- Develops procedures and manages the evaluation of transportation impacts related to development proposals.
- Recommends policies and measures required to mitigate the impact of development proposals.
- Develops long term transportation capacity needs and assists in the implementation of data collection programs.
- Recommends policies and strategies to address long term transportation capacity needs.
- Administers the Current and Capital budgets for transportation planning.
- Directs consultants and technical staff in the conduct of studies.
- Provides expert testimony at hearings.
- Participates in presentations and discussions at public meetings and Committees of Council.
- Manages performance of personnel reporting to him/her and makes recommendations to the Transportation Division Manager concerning hiring, disciplinary action, salary adjustments, promotions, demotions and terminations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Applied Science or Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Transportation.
Specialized Training and Licenses:
- Registered Professional Engineer, Province of Ontario.
- Five years of related experience
How to Apply:
For a complete job description and to apply on-line, please visit the City of London website at http://bit.ly/2lfNj7e and click on Current Job Openings.
Please note following the interview stage, official transcripts as well as a criminal record check will be required prior to moving to the next stage in the selection process.
Closing Date for Applications: Tuesday, February 21, 2017
We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of London is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.