Process Administrator, Building Standards
City of Markham
Applications are now being received for the Process Administrator, Building Standards position in the Development Services Commission.
This position develops and coordinates processes and procedures for day-to-day development application work flow within and across building standards work group. This includes mapping of processes, documentation of procedures and building automation needed to operate these processes and procedures efficiently and effectively. The position requires an understanding of all department processes related to building application workflow encouraging cross commission support and integration to streamline processes. An extensive knowledge of AMANDA and EPLAN and its capabilities as well as other software such as Visio, Excel and PowerPoint. Participates in reviewing new versions, upgrades and testing of software releases. This position also develops training materials and facilitates training sessions, providing support for all Amanda and Eplan users. It also creates and reviews reports and provides all necessary administration to ensure business unit work flows are managed effectively.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate business unit working groups to determine workflow, processes and procedures in relationship to AMANDA and Eplan. This includes other Departments outside of Development Services.
- Create process maps outlining the day-to-day workflow of a business activity identifying draft procedures documenting step-by-step instructions for further development of training material, implementation into AMANDA/Eplan and detailed procedure instructions.
- Provide support to the Supervisor of Permit Administration and the Manager of Plans Review in maintaining and creating AMANDA/Eplan processes to reflect Business Unit needs. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Folder Functionality
- Templates for documents for implementation of new procedures to be sent to IT
- Coding Development
- sub-type, work proposed, folder status, information codes, process types, checklists, attempt results, process status, fee types, fee codes.
- Create and maintain detailed instructions related to AMANDA and Eplan Procedures.
- Test modifications, new releases, version updates prior to implementation into full production platform of the AMANDA and Eplan Software
- Provide day to day support for all AMANDA and Eplan users within the business unit. Ensure the best quality of information is being put into the system in real time for reporting purposes and data collection.
- Create internal and external training material to reflect individual business unit processes, procedures and practices.
- Train Business Units relating to business rules, changes and modifications in a group setting or on an individual basis to effectively utilize the AMANDA and Eplan System.
- Participate on City's internal user group to develop and review strategic business and systems planning.
- Provide support to the Supervisor of Zoning in maintaining, upgrading and enhancing online zoning and compliance applications.
- Must have strong process management and project management skills
- Manages the full life cycle of information from creation or acquisition to disposal.
- Applies appropriate confidentiality consistent with legislation & policies when managing information
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- A 3 year college diploma in Business Administration or equivalent
- Experience is required in any of the following disciplines:
- 2-3 years experience in delivering training or facilitation
- 1-2 years experience in creating, designing and developing business process maps for the purposes of implementing automated business processes
- Knowledge of the building permit approval process is an asset.
While all applications will be received, current members of CUPE 905 (Inside Workers) will be given first consideration. To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume on-line at https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=markham&jobId=45988&lang=en_CA&source=CC3.
We thank all those applicants who have applied however only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please respect our scent free area by not wearing scented products when visiting the office.
The City of Markham is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.