Senior Manager, Urban Design
City of Brampton
We’re building change in Brampton.
The urban centre we serve is one of the youngest, fastest growing, most diverse cities in the country. We’re aiming high and thinking big, to position Brampton as an emergent global city of the future.
Leaders in our organization understand success requires passion, creativity and agility. We value progress over process. We hold each other accountable. We are a team who is engaged, excited and empowered to deliver results for Brampton. If you share our energy, we want to know about it.
- This role will help to position Brampton for the future by for providing expertise and leading a diversified team of highly specialized professionals in urban design excellence that undertake a collaborative, multidisciplinary process to facilitate the development of productive, livable, connected, healthy, sustainable communities and a vibrant, attractive city on the global stage that is a place for people.
- As a key member of the leadership team, this role will participate in strategic planning at both the divisional level as well as the provision of expertise to broader City-wide strategy.
- Is responsible to establish design guidelines to move Brampton forward as a well-designed urban city.
- Will be leading the urban design services by achieving well defined standards.
- Responsible for leading urban design advocacy initiatives including workshops and charrettes, education and information sessions for internal and external stakeholders and showcasing quality projects in Brampton through Urban Design Awards program and other projects.
- Is a partner who collaborates with people across the corporation to develop innovative solutions that advance our objectives
- Has a proven track record of building and maintaining high performing teams who are engaged in their work and the workplace
Are you future ready?
We look forward to meeting you.
Please apply quoting the file number 102371 by February 22, 2017 at: www.brampton.ca/employment. If you require assistance with the application process, please contact us directly. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview with be contacted. We are dedicated to equal opportunity.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.