Woodlands Conservation Municipal Law Enforcement Officer
Competition #: 2017-08
Location: Public Works, Environmental Services
Employment Status: Temporary Full-time (6 month contract with possible extension)
Reporting To: Supervisor of Waste Management/Rural Properties
Union Affiliation: Non-Union
Wage Range: $29.81 - $37.26/hr. ($62,000 - $77,500/yr.)
Under the direction of the Supervisor of Waste Management/Rural Properties, regulates the harvest, injury or destruction of trees in the County, provides advice to residents on the management and harvest of woodlands in accordance with the relevant by-laws and serves as the Area Weed Inspector for the County of Oxford in accordance with the Weed Control Act and Regulations.
- Minimum Grade 12 education, college courses in forest logging damage assessment and knowledge of tree identification and habitat, woodlots, and tree marking;
- Knowledge of County with a good knowledge of local crop and weed situations is desirable;
- Able to work irregular work weeks and some Saturdays, if required;
- Able to work independently with limited supervision;
- Thorough knowledge of the Weed Control Act and other applicable Acts;
- Knowledge of Ontario Professional Forestry Policies and Good Forestry Practices;
- Thorough knowledge of common weeds, their names, habits and methods of control; Working knowledge of herbicides that are available for use in weed control programs, when and where they should be applied and their limitations;
- Familiar with the operations of the Provincial Offences Courts or Ontario Courts of Justice;
- Proven interpersonal skills;
- Valid Ontario driver’s license required.
Resumes will only be accepted electronically via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday, February 17, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, resumes are only accepted in response to advertised vacancies and will be used for the purposes of determining eligibility for employment only. We appreciate all resumes, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The County is an equal opportunity employer. The County will attempt to provide reasonable accommodation for known disability for an applicant or employee if requested.