Engineering Intern/Junior Development Engineer (4 year contract)
Town of Innisfil
In all we do, we have the freedom to be our best self, belong, excel….
As a member of our collaborative and forward thinking Development Engineering team, you will work in a cross-functional environment assisting in the review of technical documents and detailed engineering design drawings related to development proposals, such as applications for Draft Plan of Subdivision/Condominium, Site Plan Control, Committee of Adjustment, Site Alteration and Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change Environmental Compliance Approval, for conformance to approved Town of Innisfil Master Plans, Town of Innisfil Engineering Design Standards and Specifications and sound engineering practices all in compliance with various statutes.
- You will also provide assistance in the planning review process in collaboration with Planning Services and Legal Services staff to assist in the preparation of engineering conditions related to such planning applications.
- With a one-step ahead focus, Engineering Intern/Junior Development Engineer is also responsible for assisting in the preparation and administration of various legal agreements in collaboration with Legal Services, Planning Services, and InnServices Utilities Inc. staff related to development.
- With a focus on excellence in customer service, you will build relationships and liaise with various stakeholders and commit to timely follow-up with developer and pubic concerns/inquiries.
- As part of your communication responsibilities you will liaise with other town staff, consultants and contactors, and provide updates to Council, Customer Service and other internal stakeholders to advise of project startup, project updates, and other milestones.
- We are seeking a dynamic driven self-starter who thrives in an environment of innovation, is adaptable to our growing, changing municipality and wants to make an impact on our corporation and the community.
- Your university degree in Civil Engineering is complimented by a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation from Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) (or eligibility for/working towards and three to five years of significant post-graduate civil engineering design experience.
- Municipal and/or land development experience is preferable, as is demonstrated experience in civil engineering in a public works/municipal transportation/water/wastewater/storm water environment.
To learn more about the Town of Innisfil and to apply, please visit innisfil.ca/employment. Closing date is Friday February 17, 2017.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information will be used to determine eligibility for potential employment and is pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Accommodations for persons with disabilities will be provided, on request, to support candidate participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources.