Chief Financial Officer
District of Ucluelet
Due to a retirement, the District of Ucluelet, which is situated on the edge of Vancouver Island's beautiful west coast, is offering a unique opportunity for a dynamic, motivated leader to join our management team as the Chief Financial Officer.
- The District of Ucluelet is seeking a seasoned candidate with a strong financial background to join our organization as a key member of the senior management team and to undertake the responsibility of the statutory duties of the Financial Officer under the Community Charter and Local Government Act.
- Reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer and leading a small department, the CFO provides support to council and municipal departments in strategic planning, budgeting, financial reporting and monitoring, financial analysis, revenue and collections, investments, purchasing, risk management, and taxation.
- You must be an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual who excels at accounting and thrives in a fast paced environment where you will be called upon to use all of your analytical and financial skills.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- An accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA) or equivalent experience and education;
- A minimum 5 years of municipal financial experience or related accounting, financial and management experience;
- Thorough knowledge of municipal financial management, policies and procedures;
- A solid working knowledge of municipal financial software (MAIS is preferred);
- Proven report writing capability;
- Ability to prepare and make presentations to council and the public;
- Proven supervisory and team leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
This is an exempt position with an anticipated start date of April 24, 2017 and offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and a municipal pension plan. A full job description may be found at www.ucluelet.ca.
If you are interested in an exciting and challenging opportunity while living in one of the most spectacular communities in BC, please forward your resume and cover letter, in confidence, to: Andrew Yeates, Chief Administrative Officer (email@example.com), no later than 4 p.m. on March 31, 2017.