Commissioner, Enterprise Resources Management/Treasurer
Region of Niagara
Niagara Region is committed to building communities where every individual is supported to maximize their potential, achieve their goals and enhance their quality of life and social well-being. With a commitment to excellence and innovation, we respond to the fundamental needs of Niagara’s most vulnerable citizens through a spectrum of integrated programs and partnerships:
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Commissioner of Enterprise Resources Management Services (ERMS)/Treasurer provides a high level of strategic leadership in the delivery of centralized support services for the Region of Niagara and its shared service partners, ensuring that departmental programs and services are able to respond to the strategic priorities, objectives, and initiatives of the Region. This position also serves as the Treasurer for the Region, accountable for general financial oversight and compliance.
The successful candidate has:
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing the development and implementation of Enterprise Resources Management Services (includes Facilities, Legal and Court Services, Strategic Procurement, Finance and Treasury Functions) for the Niagara Region and its Shared Service Partners.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of corporate-wide-strategies, structure, systems and policies as a member of the Corporate Leadership Team.
- Experienced in developing and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring department strategies are managed and financial and performance expectations are fulfilled
- The ability to do strategic, long range people resource planning for the business unit, ensuring an engaged workforce resulting in optimal people performance.
- Experienced in monitoring trends, issues and changing circumstances in the external environment, conducting environmental scans, assessing impacts on budget and financial performance, service delivery and ensuring long-range plans incorporate internal and external anticipated realities.
- 10 years’ senior management experience in leading a large and complex portfolio, strategic business planning, fiscal accountability/sustainability within a public or private sector environment.
- Progressively responsible experience directing administrative, technical and professional staff in one or more areas of operational responsibility (preferred).
- Post-secondary degree in Accounting, Financial Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, or equivalent related discipline. Master’s degree (preferred).
To view the full job description and requirements, visit our Careers page. Job Opening# 19506
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges…..today!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application no later than February 2, 2018 before midnight by visiting our ‘Careers’ page at www.niagararegion.ca. We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Great Careers & Healthy Lifestyles
Located between lakes Erie and Ontario, the Niagara region consists of some of Canada’s most fertile agricultural land, the majestic Niagara Falls and a dozen communities that are rich in both history and recreational opportunities.
With over 3,000 employees, Niagara Region is responsible for such diverse areas as land use planning, transportation, water and wastewater treatment, waste collection and management, emergency medical services, public health, children’s services, and seniors’ programs to name a few. Niagara Region offers great career opportunities in municipal service and our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and wealth of programs will support your personal wellness and professional growth.
We value Choice, Honesty, Respect, Partnerships, and Service. If you share the same passion, we want to hear from you. www.niagarararegion.ca