Manager, Occupational Health & Safety
City of Calgary
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees operate the facilities, deliver the services and run the programs which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pension and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
This exciting opportunity will challenge a seasoned manager who is passionate about bringing to life a cultural shift to ‘safety first’ across the organization. This is a chance to shape the future of The City and impact the lives of our 15,000+ employees. Your mission is to lead Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) for an entire City through strategic and innovative advancement of the OHS Management System. Areas where you will provide oversight, lead change and exert influence include:
- Lead, support and guide your team of competent Health & Safety professionals.
- Develop and support a cohesive leadership safety culture and collaborative networks.
- Create and implement corporate safety leadership strategies and initiatives.
- Maintain line of sight to Council priorities and strategic outcomes for your staff.
- Build strong working relationship with stakeholders and customers.
- A degree in Environmental Engineering/Science, Commerce, Business Administration, Management, Economics or other related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience that includes at least 5 years of demonstrated management experience within a large organization.
- Demonstrated competence with legislation and risk management practices, applied safety fundamentals, auditing, disability claims management, occupational hygiene and ergonomics.
- A professional safety certification, for example, Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or equivalent will be considered an asset.
- Success in this position requires the following competencies: demonstrated success in building and sustaining relationships with staff, clients and colleagues; a genuine desire to lead and manage a team of professionals; comprehensive change management experience; a solution focus; and the ability to be flexible and creative in addressing corporate and client needs in a highly public and political environment.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Compensation : Level G $98,270 - 154,609 per annum
Hours of Work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply by January 23,2018 online at www.calgary.ca/careers