An exceptional lifestyle is calling...
Located on the Niagara Peninsula in Southern Ontario, Haldimand County is home to the waters of Lake Erie and the renowned Grand River. A single tier municipality with a population of 46,000, Haldimand County boasts diverse urban and rural communities, affordable housing and an outstanding quality of life.
Haldimand County is currently seeking a person with excellent customer service skills and technical ability acting as the first point of contact with our customers to join our team as a Computer Technician in the town of Cayuga for a two-year contract position.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Information Systems, you will be primarily responsible for providing front line technical support across multiple channels (online tickets, phone, email, walk-in and on-site) to all users of County software and hardware systems.
Key duties include:
- Provide first and second level support to internal Haldimand County clients (Council members, employees, volunteers where applicable) and when required, escalating support call / tickets to relevant internal staff for further investigation and resolution
- Prioritize incidents and requests based on established protocols
- Assist end users with resolving software / hardware, network communication and connectivity issues in person, over the phone, via the IT service management solution, and/or through remove control and other IT tools
- Provide efficient and effective technical support to users in a manner that promotes safe computing practices, reduces the risk of the issue recurring, and encourages effective working relationships
- Document, develop and/or maintain information and frequently asked questions for the problem management system, knowledge base as well as self-serve information
- Perform printer administration tasks such as adding printers, modifying printer properties, deleting print jobs
- Perform basic NTFS file system administration and Active Directory administration tasks such as enabling/disabling accounts, making modifications to distribution lists, AD groups
For this challenging role, we are seeking someone who has the following training, education and experience or equivalent:
- Post-secondary diploma in Computers Systems Technology or a relevant discipline
- Up to three years experience in a help desk or customer support environment providing first level support for a Windows based PC / server environment
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to articulate technical solutions
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Microsoft certifications and/or other certifications such as ITIL Foundation, A+, Network +, VMWare, are an asset
In exchange for all your hard work and dedication, you will receive an attractive annual salary of $52,452 - $59,001.
Please submit your application before end of day January 16th, 2018. To apply, or to view further information, visit Employment / Careers on our website at http://www.haldimandcounty.on.ca/careers.aspx.