City of Brampton
(10 MONTH CONTRACT)
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Manager, Open Space Development, this position provides project management services on a variety of streetscape and open space projects associated with new development and City initiated capital projects, provides direction to technical staff, researches and develops products, methods and procedures and prepares reports related to the work of the Section. Provides direction and assigns work to Landscape Technologists as well as external contractors.
- Project manages a portfolio of City initiated park and streetscape capital projects including the assembling of background information and project requirements which would include, preparing and tracking capital budgets, preparing designs and tender documents, preparing designs and procuring resources, overseeing all construction activities.
- Manages the review and approval of consultant’s submissions related to streetscapes, open space site plan landscaping on developer-initiated projects that include Community Block Plans, Plans of Subdivision and Site Plans. These submissions may involve, woodlot assessments, heritage and visual resources, environmental noise, Block Plan design concepts, community design guidelines, parks facility fit plans, grading and servicing, landscaping and fencing, trail systems, valley naturalization and other project related subjects as well as cost estimates.
- Manages the Site Plan Implementation process including coordination of inspections, security reductions, and maintaining the project files and database.
- Monitors and supervises inspections of streetscapes and parks construction and processes invoices and security reductions as required.
- Researches and helps develop products, methods and procedures, design policies and standards related to work of the Section.
- Prepares reports and makes presentations at Public meetings, committees and City Council.
- Respond to inquiries of project status, approval procedure, inquiries from the general public.
- Tracks and reports on the status of projects.
- Participates on the City’s Site Plan Committee, Public Utilities Coordination Committee, the Peel Region C.P.T.E.D. Committee and other working groups or task forces as assigned.
- High School (Grade 12) graduation plus an additional program of over three to four years in Landscape Architecture or equivalent.
- Over four (4) years up to and including eight (8) years combined experience in municipal park planning, design and contract management.
- Full membership in the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects.
- Valid Ontario Class G Drivers Licence.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint, the Adobe Suite and Micro Station an asset.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Superior organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
** Salary $84,557.20 annually
TO APPLY: Please apply online, quoting file number: 102768 by January 14, 2018 at: www.brampton.ca/employment or via www.workopolis.com and search for key words City of Brampton. If you require assistance with the application process, please contact us directly. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview with be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. We are dedicated to equal opportunity.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.