Manager of Business Solutions
County of Brant
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in applicable field
- Post-secondary courses in GIS (Geographic Information Systems), or equivalent experience
- 5 years current and relevant work experience in the field of Information Systems & Technology
- 2 years of GIS and project management experience
- Proven experience with GIS data modelling and application management, including relational databases
- Experience with SQL Server and/or Oracle databases, including the design of database architecture, data security framework, data warehousing, and relational databases
- Working knowledge of Agile software development principles for desktop and web platforms
- Experience in working with desktop, mobile and server operating systems such as MS Windows, iOS/Mac OS, Android and Linux
- Experience in MS Office, MS Project, Active Directory
- Experience in network and data security frameworks, ability to formalize security plans and security policies
- Working knowledge of eGovernment services
- Proven supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical, research, project management, presentation, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated safe work practices
- Valid driver’s license and provision to own vehicle
- Familiar with ESRI, FME and Latitude Geographic suite of products
- Oversight of the Business Solution section of the Business and Technology Solution Division
- Oversight of the implementation and maintenance of the division strategic plan as it relates to Business Solutions
- Oversight of GIS program
- Oversight of database administration
- Monitor and administrate section budget, standards, procedures and overall resource performance
- Coordinate priorities within division, section and users
- Implement system processes, procedures, functionality, and end user training
- Project management relating to development of information systems and implementation of technology
- Other duties as assigned
Annual salary range – $88,234 – $103,230 (Job Grade 10 - under review) 35 hours per week
Please visit careers.brant.ca to apply for this job opportunity.
The application deadline is 11:59 p.m., Sunday, January 14, 2018.
The County of Brant is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accessibility accommodations are available for all stages of the recruitment process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise the County if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants and advise that only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information submitted is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.