Booking and Promotions Coordinator
City of Guelph
(Temporary – up to one year)
The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life - all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the temporary position of Booking and Promotions Coordinator, reporting to the Supervisor Recreation Bookings, Events and Promotions. The successful candidate will act as the departmental lead responsible for coordinating promotions for recreation programs, services and initiatives., The role will lead the development and production of the Community Guide and maximize exposure of Recreation programs and services on Guelph.ca; ensuring that all information is current and up to date. The coordinator will also be responsible for the central booking of City owned and operated facilities and the coordination and compliance of civic celebrations, festivals, tournaments and special events in City owned or operated facilities and parkland. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Corporate Administrative Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – to be the city that makes a difference.
HOURS OF WORK:
35 hours per week Monday to Friday between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. For the purpose of special events, community outreach, public facility bookings and program registrations, employees may work alternate hours, given two weeks advance notice, but shall not be scheduled for more than seven (7) consecutive hours per day, five (5) consecutive days per week, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m.
- Providing excellent customer service by handlingcustomer inquiries, transactions and accounts related to bookings and special events including allocating, coordinating, scheduling and booking of :
- Picnic shelters and Amusement rides
- Arena Ice /Floor, Pools
- Sports fields and outdoor specialty facilities
- Market Square, St. George’s Square, City Hall Galleria and meeting rooms
- Work with the team to coordinate allocation of new facilities or newly vacant time in existing facilities.
- Support program registration and front desk operations as required.
- Prepare, mail out and ensure receipt of rental contracts, insurance forms and required event documentation, permits and forms.
- Liaises with user groups and clients, facility managers, bylaw, maintenance staff and other relevant staff on scheduling, changes, user needs, and client concerns/complaints in order to achieve efficient and responsive customer service
- Reviews, evaluates and responds to all event requests.
- Act as liaison between event organizers, City departments, and/or external agencies to facilitate bylaw and legislative compliance for tournaments and special events, and ensure all necessary permits and forms are signed and received
- Prepares and maintains a master list of special events and tournaments for civic and staff use.
- Ensures that event organizers understand fees and charges related to their events prior to confirming bookings
- Coordinate the provision of consolidated cost estimates to event organizers and ensure follow through to consolidate invoicing from all departments.
- Monitoring and follow up on accounts receivables for facility rentals, special events, program registrations and memberships. Escalate to collections when warranted.
- Conducts post – event reviews with clients and staff and reports all findings, observations and recommended process improvements maintaining updated event files.
- Participate in relevant departmental and corporate meetings.
- Work with Supervisor Recreation Administration to support continuous improvement with respect to Class facility booking, facility maintenance, reporting and data extraction functionality and system integrity.
- Assist in the development and documentation of policies, guidelines and standard operating procedures for facility booking, public space allocation, event coordination, promotions coordination and related processes.
- Develop, generate and distribute regular statistical and performance metric reports and trend analysis.
- Maintains and updates the civic “Special Event User Manual” and related forms and promotional materials.
- Leads the bi-annual production of the Community Guide; working with, program coordinators, management and other departments to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Assist with monitoring and managing expenditures and revenues for the Community Guide and promotional material.
- Maintain a high level of communication to effectively manage logistics and create an ongoing presence for Parks and Recreation in the City of Guelph.
- Liaise with Corporate Communications, programming/facility staff and management in the development of marketing plans to increase the departments ‘visibility.
- Maintain and enhance the department’s social media presence.
- Primary staff person responsible for maintaining accuracy and currency of Parks and Recreation webpages on Guelph.ca including related links, documents and forms.
- Develops and maintains efficient filing and records management systems.
- Researches current and changing trends, functionality and best practises in event coordination, facility booking, recreation marketing and promotions coordination: initiate and implement change where indicated.
- Prepares Committee and Council reports and drafts recommendations as required.
- Prepare, coordinate and chair/facilitate annual user group and event organizers meetings.
- Provide excellent customer service in all areas of recreation services
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience related to duties listed above, normally acquired through the completion of a 2 year college diploma in recreation or event management, marketing, or related discipline and 2-3 years’ experience in facility allocations and bookings, coordination of events on municipal property, marketing, promotions and social media. Candidates with equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with CLASS or other recreation software (e.g. registrations and facility bookings etc.).
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to resolve customer inquiries/complaints in an effective manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively with community groups, agencies and organizations.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) including the ability to manipulate data and create complex Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to create promotional materials and in the use of design and presentation software.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple timelines and assignments in order to meet deadlines in a very demanding customer service focused environment.
- Effective communications skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, stakeholders and the general public.
- Strong mathematical skills with the ability to prepare financial records and statistical reports, correspondence, guidelines/procedures and other written materials.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate and guide the work of other departmental staff.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternatives and make recommendations in order to implement procedures and policies.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and unquestionable integrity.
RATE: $26.76-$32.84 per hour
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please note first consideration will be given to those applications received by December 27, 2017.
Applications received after December 27 will be reviewed on an as-needed basis.
Note: In order to be considered for this position you must complete all of the steps when creating your profile. This will include a short online screening questionnaire specific to this position as part of the application process. If you have already created a profile, you may simply login to begin your application.
To access the online application system, please visit the job posting listed on http://guelph.ca/employment-careers/ and click on the “Apply for this job” icon. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.