Advisor, Human Resources
City of Brampton
We are looking for a human resources innovator that can identify, build and deliver initiatives and projects with cross-functional experts driving organizational effectiveness and fostering a high performance culture. Collaborative by nature, you are a results-oriented professional who is able to influence and action human resources strategies and programs by providing project management and consultative support.
Through building meaningful partnerships with all lines of business and the HR team, you are able to see opportunities to leverage and incorporate HR strategies into business planning, engagement and community-facing services. You have a breadth of organizational knowledge related to strategy, policies, analytics, reporting and corporate alignment enabling the development of sound HR program approaches.
We are invested in creating a culture of engagement where people matter, service is paramount, and we build a community that is innovative, inclusive and bold. If this describes your professional journey, and your demonstrated character and competencies, we want to hear from you.
Operational Support and Customer Service
- Provide advisory and consultative services while recommending solutions and changes to improve operational execution.
- Lead and participate in Human Resources initiatives that focus on strategy, communication, customer service, analytics, corporate reporting, culture building and engagement.
- Identify, build and foster internal and external stakeholder relationships for HR projects and initiatives.
- Provide guidance and analysis on policies and procedures with a view to build transparency and accountability.
Communication and Reporting
- Facilitate and convey complex concepts and conditions to stakeholders in a meaningful, engaging way.
- Produce formal reports, documentation and make strategic recommendations for effective decision making.
- Provide expertise and recommend a course of action on risk or impacts that may impact operational effectiveness.
- Proactively create, promote and develop tools and communication strategies to support the execution and implementation of HR initiatives, policies, procedures and programs.
- Conduct research and reviews; assess trends, current processes and practices to recommend solutions that improve business processes, service and best practices.
- Lead the development, maintenance, communication and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Work with subject matter experts to align services and initiatives and improve overall internal communication.
- Maintain knowledge of collective agreements, City policies and practices, legislation, regulations and standard operating procedures.
Teamwork and Cooperation
- Lead and participate in cross-functional team projects.
- Excels within diverse groups to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Promote Human Resources and demonstrate corporate values at all times.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent in related field.
- CHRP designation preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of policy, advisory and consultative experience in Human Resources in a public sector environment.
- Project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading/facilitating teams and working in collaborative partnerships.
- Practical knowledge of municipal, regional, provincial and federal governments and applicable legislation is an asset.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to advise and consult at all levels.
- Strong presentation skills; facilitate and convey concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong customer service and people management skills; interface with internal and external stakeholders and resolve issues to meet corporate service standards.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented, well organized and able to prioritize complex tasks and meet critical deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills for complex problem solving.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft office/software.
TO APPLY: Please apply online, quoting file number: 102758 by January 8, 2018 at: www.brampton.ca/employment or via www.workopolis.com and search for key words City of Brampton. If you require assistance with the application process, please contact us directly. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview with be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. We are dedicated to equal opportunity.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.