Administrator – Long Term Care
County of Simcoe
Employment Status: Permanent Full-Time
Reference Code: 17-EXT-02-633
Closing Date: January 19, 2018
Location: Sunset Manor – Collingwood, ON
The Administrator will provide leadership in the daily operations of the facility to ensure an outstanding level of resident care is maintained and enhanced on a continuous basis. Develop and implement long-term operational plans to ensure all aspects of service delivery are provided in a coordinated and cost effective manner. In collaboration with the Home’s management team, Long Term Care programs, other service providers, and community and government agencies, the employee will promote client-centred care premised on choice and dignity offered in a home-like environment. As a valued member of Long Term Care and Seniors Services, the Administrator demonstrates a commitment to Resident Safety by providing quality care in accordance with the organization’s mission and vision.
- Highly developed knowledge and skills in senior management and health care principles obtained through a certificate in Long Term Care Administration or Management, coupled preferably with a health related degree/diploma.
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in progressively responsible related positions, preferably in a long-term care setting.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a senior management position.
- Experience in the leadership and supervision of staff and the administration of employment policies and collective agreements.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills and ability to interpret and apply employment policies and collective agreements.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly developed planning and organizational skills.
- Highly developed time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening that is less than six (6) months old at time of hire.
- As a condition of employment, candidates are required to submit documented results of a TB test, as per Public Health requirements.
Compensation : $117 349 - $140 813 per annum
View the complete job description and submit your application online at www.simcoe.ca/jobs
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. The Corporation of the County of Simcoe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and will provide employment accommodation upon request.