Senior Financial Analyst
County of Haldimand
$65,468 - $73,642 / annum
Haldimand County is a single tier municipality with a population of 45,000. Its diverse urban and rural communities offer an outstanding quality of life, affordable housing, access to downtown Toronto in 1.5 hrs or NOTL or Buffalo within 1hr. Situated along 55km of Lake Erie shoreline and the renowned Grand River, Haldimand County also provides a picturesque setting for many outdoor recreational pursuits.
- provide, develop, and monitor effective, efficient and timely financial reports / information for use by Management, Staff and Council.
- act as team leader for non-supervisory staff by providing work guidance / training on an as required basis; schedule / coordinate and assign the work of others regarding financial processes, budget preparation/analysis and financial reporting activities;
- assist in establishing procedures and monitoring systems to ensure accurate and timely financial processes, development of budgets and financial reporting;
- assist in the preparation of journal entries, account analysis, reconciliation and working papers;
- Community College graduation in a related field (accounting / business administration)
- Enrolment in a recognized accounting program leading to a professional accounting designation would be considered an asset.
- Five years or more current related experience, including supervisory experience preferably in a municipal environment (additional specialty training may be a part of this experience)
Or equivalent to that combination
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Good understanding of municipal government, its operations and services, specifically finance principles and practices.
- Knowledge of relevant Acts and Legislation governing the financial operations of municipal government.
- Sound technical knowledge relative to accountabilities.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
Please visit the Haldimand County website www.haldimandcounty.on.ca. for the full details on this position.
Applications will be accepted until January 5, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
45 Munsee Street North, P.O. Box 400,
Cayuga, Ontario N0A lE0
or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal information gathered will be used for this recruiting effort only. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Haldimand County is an equal opportunity employer.