Technologist III, Street Light
City of Brampton
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Coordinator, Street Lighting this position is responsible to provide contract administration for the maintenance of all street lights within the City of Brampton and for all in-house capital projects; ensuring work performed by contractors, designs and standards adhere to service standards and regulations.
- Administer the street light maintenance contract program, including minimum maintenance requirements, stray voltage, relamping and pole inspection and/or replacement.
- Oversee the work performed by contractors; ensuring issues are discussed and resolved.
- Prepare and issue payment certificates and associated documents for work completed by contractors; ensuring work is completed within budget
- Oversee the work order management system as it relates to work assigned to contractors and various staff.
- Oversee all in-house capital projects, including street lighting and intersection modifications; ensuring consultant designs, civil layouts and regulatory documentation meet applicable standards and legislation.
- In consultation with Purchasing determine tendering schedule and prepare pre-qualification Requests for Proposals and maintenance contracts for tender.
- Liaises with street lighting consultants and contractors to discuss project status and address and resolve design issues.
- Assist the Street Light Coordinator with peer review and capital design meetings to determine scope of project work.
- Review and modify street light designs and standards to correspond with pole and fixture types used within the City of Brampton; ensuring changes are in compliance with the Electrical Safety Authority and utility companies.
- Review and verify various drawings prepared by the Technologist I and II to ensure information is correct prior to moving to production; addressing deficiencies where required.
- Assist with the preparation of current and capital budgets for the Street Light Section by providing recommendations for future capital expenditures and estimating consultant and capital costs to complete projects.
- Investigate and respond to internal and external inquiries related to street lighting; ensuring customer service standards are adhered to.
- Assist with the research, testing and measuring of new street light technology.
- Additional similar and related duties as assigned.
- High School (Grade 12) graduation plus an additional program of over two (2) years and up to three (3) years in Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- Over four (4) years, up to and including eight (8) years’ experience in street light design and implementation, administering and monitoring maintenance contracts and directing contractors and consultants.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and additional related software programs.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
TO APPLY: Please apply online, quoting file number: 102736 by January 4, 2018 at: www.brampton.ca/employment or via www.workopolis.com and search for key words City of Brampton. If you require assistance with the application process, please contact us directly. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview with be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. We are dedicated to equal opportunity.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.