Township of King
King Township is seeking applications from qualified individuals for the contract position of Building Inspector. With a population of approximately 24,000, King Township is a mostly rural community located 20 minutes north of Toronto in the Regional Municipality of York.
Reporting to the Chief Building Official this position is responsible for the following:
- Reviews building plans and carries out inspections to ensure compliance with the Building Code: of new building construction; additions; and renovations.
- Directs changes as required and notifies all appropriate parties of required changes.
- Maintains field notes.
- Examines permit applications including blueprints and specifications of buildings for compliance to municipal and provincial laws; advises applicants of any deviations from regulations and recommends corrective action; issues permits as appropriate.
- Prepares and files inspection reports.
- Answers correspondence and notifies owners of any building infractions or deficiencies.
- Prepares and issues orders for compliance; follows up on orders issued.
- Completes inspection report forms and/or written reports of installations found to be either defective or not conforming to standards; performs follow-up inspections to ensure defects have been corrected.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Community College Diploma in Civil Engineering, Architectural Technology, Construction Engineering or equivalent trade experience is required.
- Must be eligible for certification with the Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA).
- Requires five (5) to seven (7) years’ of experience in building inspection within a municipal environment.
- Thorough understanding of the Ontario Building Code and Act.
- Provincially qualified and registered to inspect in the following classes: Plumbing – all buildings; House; HVAC- House; Small Buildings; On Site Sewage Disposal Systems.
- Certification in Large Buildings and Complex Buildings.
- Class “G” Drivers Licence in good standing.
Yearly salary: $72,100
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their resume by January 5, 2018 to:
2075 King Road
King City, Ontario
Please visit www.king.ca for full job description.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Personal information (PI) is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.0. 2001, c.25 and will be used to facilitate the hiring and recruitment process. Personal information (PI) will be protected in accordance with Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). Questions about the collection of personal information (PI) should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 2075 King Road, King City, L7B 1A1 or (905) 833-5321
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Township of King will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Township Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.