Director of Information Technology (IT) Services
The United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry
The United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry is presently accepting applications for the full-time position of Director of Information Technology (IT) Services. This new position is responsible for managing the human and financial resources of the IT Services Dept., and successfully implementing the Corporation’s IT Strategic Plan.
Reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer, the successful candidate will lead the renewal of County IT Services and bring vision and leadership to the IT Department. Key Duties and Qualifications include:
- As a Department Head, participate in the overall County administration and be accountable for the operation of the Information Technology Services Department.
- Provide sound advice and strategic guidance to the Chief Administrative Officer and County Council in all matters related to Information Technology and telecommunications.
- Attend Council/Committee meetings as required. Make policy, program and long-range/strategic/business planning recommendations.
- Lead short term and long-term planning and implementation of enterprise IT infrastructure and business systems in support of business operations.
- Develop and monitor annual plans and related budgets, objectives, performance measures and budgetary controls that recognize business unit needs as well as corporate priorities.
- Responsible for establishing governance processes that will determine priorities. Obtain, deploy and optimize fiscal, human and material resources to achieve business and service plans and expectations. Ensure alignment with corporate priorities.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources.
- Develop, implement and/or act in accordance with appropriate policies, standards, systems, procedures and agreements to meet objectives and to comply with legislative requirements.
- Provides support in the area of information technology and telecommunications to participating local municipalities and agencies as required.
- University degree in computer science or business administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum 5 to 8 years of progressively responsible senior management experience, preferably in a municipal setting including significant management roles in IT.
- Experience in IT strategic planning, architecture and IT operations execution.
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Proven experience in IT resource planning, organization, and development.
- Strong understanding of IT finance based on experience in the areas of assessing IT investments, managing operating and capital budgets, developing business cases and cost analysis, and identifying opportunities for the investment of financial resources.
Salary Range: $113,445 - $129,652 per annum, with excellent benefits.
Expected Start Date: Mid to late February 2018.
Candidates are invited to visit the Careers Page of our website at www.sdgcounties.ca to obtain the complete instruction package on how to apply. Applications will be received by email until 12:00 p.m., on Friday, December 15th, 2017. Note that this posting may remain open until a suitable candidate is chosen.
United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry
Attention: Human Resources, Suite 207, 26 Pitt Street
Cornwall, Ontario. K6J 3P2
Telephone: (613) 932-1515 Ext. 204 Fax: (613) 936-2913
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity. We thank all candidates who apply, but advise that only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted. The United Counties of SDG is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.