Town of Halton Hills
POSTING No. 201756
Come join our team! We are looking for a candidate that shares our corporate values of Honesty, Excellence, Team, Fun, Creativity and Respect. These values are second nature for the successful candidate and are demonstrated in their work and interactions with colleagues and the community.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Development Engineering, this position is responsible for on-site inspection of development projects to ensure compliance with established Provincial and Municipal Standards and related Development Agreements. Perform duties as an inspector under the Town’s Site Alteration By-law.
- Plan, organize and attend on-site inspections for numerous development sites and site plans
- Analyze, interpret and enforce Municipal and Provincial Standards and policies
- Review Letter of Credit reduction requests (maintenance and assumption)
- Review and approve individual lot grading plans and inspect final lot grading
- Interact with the public, consultants and contractors with respect to on-site issues
- Plan and organize the review of construction sites for compliance with mud deposits
- Assist in the administration of the Site Alteration By-law by performing the role of the “Inspector” as defined in the Site Alteration By-law 2017-0040, as amended
- Attend and participate in meetings with Town staff, external agencies and the public, including Site Alteration Committee meetings and Development Site Meetings
- Interact with Town departments and external agencies with respect to new and existing developments
- Provide the highest standard of customer service for both internal and external customers of the department
- Review new subdivision street lights after energization and postal kiosk locations
- Perform other job related duties
- 3 Year Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology Program
- Registration with O.A.C.E.T.T. with a C.E.T. designation or the ability to achieve within one year
- 6 years of related experience in a Civil Engineering environment
- Knowledge of the development agreement process and applicable standards for construction activities
- Ability to review and understand engineering drawings, reports and tenders
- Proficient in the use of computer software including Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong Customer-service skills to deal effectively with Town staff, elected officials, external agencies, developers, consultants and the public
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Problem solving skills and the ability to resolve conflicts or issues encountered throughout construction
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to collaborate and maintain relationships between various departments and external agencies.
- High-level of professionalism and understanding of confidentiality.
- Physical ability to perform activities on construction sites in all types of seasonal weather conditions, and lifting of up to seventy-five pounds as required
- Supply of a suitable personal vehicle to perform duties and a Valid Ontario Class ‘G’ Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract
The salary for this position is $66,827 - $79,556 per annum. This position will occasionally work outside of normal business hours to perform key functions and may be required to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Qualified candidates may submit a detailed cover letter and resume in confidence to the Town by 4:30 p.m., December 19, 2017. Please quote Posting No. 201756 on your cover letter. Please apply using only one method of application below.
Mail: Attn: Human Resources
Town of Halton Hills
1 Halton Hills Drive
Halton Hills, ON L7G 5G2
Posting No. 201756
Email: email@example.com (preferred)
We thank all those who apply, but advise that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Town of Halton Hills is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. If contacted for an interview, please advise the Human Resources staff of any measures you feel you need to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 (S.O. 2001, c.25) and will be used to select a candidate. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager of Human Resources.