Located amidst the 30,000 islands of Georgian Bay and a 2.5 hour-drive north of Toronto, the Town of Parry Sound offers an exceptional quality of life.
Join us as our Manager of Provincial Offences Act (POA) Court Services in this full-time permanent position.
The Manager of POA Court Services:
• Ensures court services, general and financial management duties associated with the position are carried out within the parameters of relevant legislation, policies and procedures applicable to the Ontario Court of Justice, Provincial Offences Act operations and the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
• Manages POA staff complement, responsible for hiring, training, and performance management.
• Develops, recommends, implements and monitors policies, procedures and standards to ensure compliance with all related regulations, legislation and accounting principles and best practices in all areas assigned.
• Ensures that records related to offender accounts including records related to adjournments, sentencing, time serviced, amended charges, time to pay, extension applications, NSF, approved write-offs are accurate and up to date and processes convictions of offence notices for "Fail to Respond".
• Uses various computer software and databases (i.e., Integrated Court Offences Network (ICON) computerized data base system, word processing, spreadsheet) to record, maintain, process and retrieve data and to generate high-quality documents, reports, statistics, etc., including court dockets, daily and monthly reconciliation reports.
• Manages the financial accounting and cash control functions of the Provincial Offences administration including the maintenance of the ICON financial database, fine payments, financial disbursements, invoicing functions, daily bank deposits and reconciles month-end ICON reports with finance system and signs-off.
• Undertakes collection activities using software ( ie. CAMS) and available processes to ensure payment of outstanding fines.
• Manages, revises or sets records management as established in the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
• Manages third party contracts for service, including the issuance and evaluation of RFPs and tenders for municipal prosecution, collection and other relevant services.
• Develops the annual operating and capital budget for the POA department.
• Liaises with the OPP to develop processes and procedures regarding court security.
• Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of Provincial Offences Court procedures, practices and courtroom operations, courtroom security and contingency planning, financial accounting and human resources management, normally acquired through the attainment of a University Degree or Community College Diploma in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance, Legal or equivalent, plus significant, progressively responsible experience in court administration.
• Thorough knowledge of relevant Federal, Provincial and Municipal government legislation, regulations and policies.
• Thorough working knowledge of the financial management procedures utilized in the Provincial Offences Court system.
• Good knowledge of collection procedures and practices.
• Good knowledge of the Provincial Offences Act and the regulations thereunder governing provincial offences and administration.
• Excellent organizational skills with an ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to function effectively in a high-volume workplace within rigid time frames and to deal tactfully with the public, the judiciary, the legal profession, enforcement agencies and all levels of staff.
• Ability to deal appropriately with contentious situations and to exercise discretion, judgement, diplomacy and confidentiality.
• A valid driver’s license and acceptable Police Records Check to prove bondability
• A working knowledge of Word and Excel software and other spreadsheet applications is an asset.
This is a full-time permanent job with a 2018 salary range of $73,000 to $95,000. The Town offers an excellent pension plan, and comprehensive and competitive medical and dental benefits package.
Please submit by e-mail only, a cover letter and your resume, with full details of your education, training and experience, by 4 PM on Thursday, December 14, 2017 to:
Rebecca Johnson, HR Coordinator, Town of Parry Sound;
A complete job posting and description is available on the website at http://www.parrysound.ca/en/inside-town-hall/employmentopportunities.asp
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.
52 Seguin Street, Parry Sound, Ontario P2A 1B4
Tel: (705) 746-2101 Fax: (705) 746-7461 www.townofparrysound.com