Director of Development and Engineering Services
City of Thorold
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director of Development and Engineering Services position is responsible for leading, directing and engaging the Development and Engineering department.
This position acts as part of the Senior Management Team involved in the formulation and execution of the City’s strategic plan. Specifically, this position is responsible for the oversight of Planning, Building, By-Law Enforcement, Committee of Adjustment, Crossing Guard and Engineering services.
The City of Thorold invites you to submit your resume if you have:
- University degree in Land Use Planning, or Civil Engineering or related field,preferably at a Masters level.
- 10 years of progressive experience in senior management preferably in a municipal environment.
- Member of the Canadian Institute of Planners and a Registered Professional Planner of Ontario (MCIP, RPP); and/or,
- Member of the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario
- Thorough knowledge of the Municipal Act, Planning Act, Environmental Assessment Act, Building Code Act, Ontario Building Code, Building By-Law, Zoning By-Laws, Development and Subdivision Agreements, and Engineering Specifications including a clear understanding of their interrelationships.
The salary range for this position is $110,512 - $130,014 and includes a comprehensive benefit package. A job description for this position is available on the City’s website at www.thorold.com.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their detailed resume to email@example.com no later than Sunday, January 17, 2018. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click Here for complete job description.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. Please inform staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.